The premise of Slasher is very simple. Based on classic slasher horror movies, players take control of either a custom-created serial killer or an average young person. There are five options, single player challenge maps, single player survival, Local split-screen, custom online games, or quick online games. All players start out empty handed but can find a large amount of varying weapons throughout the maps, most being everyday items. Players can also find a chart or map in most levels. Often, but not always, a revolver and/or a telephone can be found in the level. Revolvers contain 4-8 bullets, and usually result in a one-hit-kill. The phone can be used to call 911, which result in 2-3 police officers to arrive, and will help you defeat the killer. The cops will also have weaker revolvers on them, which normally contain 6 bullets.
In the challenge maps, players take control of Jackson Dennis in his early years, before becoming the antichrist. Following a brief plot, players choose maps and have to complete a series of simple tasks which can include killing the five inhabitants, finding a dead bird calling card, and more. Challenge maps contain three boss fights, the Joyful Twins, a Copycat Killer, and Ominous.
In single player survival, you plays as an average teenager, and must either defeat or escape a AI killer. For an added challenge, the killer can be buffed, or several other killers can be added. Escaping requires the player to complete a series of tasks, and defeating them requires the player to find a weapon and strategically depleting the killer's health.
In local and online multiplayer, players, and possibly some AIs, will take control of a killer and several civilians. Much like survival, the civilians must either defeat the killer or escape it.
- Playstation 4
- L1 - Focus
- R1 - Slash/Light Attack
- Touch Pad- Map
- Square - Interact
- O - Crouch/Hug Cover
- X - Jump/Vault
- Left Stick - Move
- Right Stick - Look
- D-pad (left) - 3rd Person View
- D-pad (right) - First Person View
- Share - Share Footage
- Options - Pause/AFC
- Q - Focus
- R Click - Stab/ Heavy Attack
- L Click - Slash/Light Attack
- C- Map
- E - Interact
- F - Crouch/Hug Cover
- Spacebar - Jump/Vault
- WASD - Move
- Mouse - Look
- Mousewheel- Toggle View
- Escape - Pause/AFK
See full page.
- Humble Abode: Jack Dennis' childhood home. An average, two story house with a basement and attic.
- Mansion: A typical "haunted mansion" that has been left behind by it's previous owner ages ago.
- Campground: A woodland campground with a lake, cabins, and other campsite necessities.
- Sanctuary: A run-over church and cemetery, as well as some other small buildings.
- Elementary: A small town elementary school with a playground.
- Hospital: The third floor of a hospital with patient rooms, a file room, a pharmacy, and an elevator that leads to a morgue.
- Joy Factory: The factory and warehouse where Joyful Jimmys and Joyful Jennys are produced.
- Carnival: A small, traveling carnival with a small coaster, ferris wheel, games, and more.
- Highway: An unkempt road motel across the street from a fast food diner and a gas station/auto shop.
- Farm: A standard farm with a barn, corn silo, and farmhouse.
- Mall: The second floor of a mall. Contains laser tag, arcade, several shops, and a salon.
- Baseball Stadium: A fully functional baseball stadium full of bleachers and concessions.
- Foundry: A metalworking factory with buckets of lava.
- Movie Theater: An average movie theater with a game room and two open theaters.
- Meat Locker: The smallest map in the game. Being only one room, it is recommended for "mortal kombat" death battles.
- Santa's Village Playland: A Christmas-themed carnival full of animatronic Santas and elves. A Christmas themed train is found outside.
- Cider Mill: A cider mill tourist trap decked out in kiddie Halloween decorations. Contains a corn maze.
- Nightmare Tower: A mostly vertical map featuring a tall nightmarish tower made of scraps rising from lava.
- Slaughterhouse: A meat processing plant. The default meat locker is now incorporated into this map.